You can tell when a cruise ship is in town, as locals in Albany Western Australia line Marine Drive in their cars to watch the ships enter Princess Royal Harbour. Every year, Albany welcomes around 11 cruise ships to the port between September and April and the approximately 12,000 passengers are treated to a short stay in our beautiful city. From their welcome with bagpipes at the wharf to special cruise ship markets at the town square, there is so much on offer for visitors who arrive in Amazing Albany by sea. A free shuttle bus service provides a circuit route to and from the town square right next door to the Albany Visitor Centre, Town Hall, and Library with free WiFi.
Our Albany tour recommendations for cruise ship passengers
Some passengers are looking to move beyond the town square to see more of what this corner of the world has to offer. Busy Blue Bus Tours has been providing great tour experiences to cruise ship customers since 2014. If you are ready to see the most iconic parts of Albany, these are the tours we recommend (click on the links for more info:
- The Gap & Natural Wonders
- Albany History & Highlights
- Albany’s Whale Story
- About Albany walking tour
- Customised wine-tasting experiences (get in touch directly to create a bespoke experience)
All of the above are 1.5 – 3.5 hrs long and easily completed in the time passengers are at Port.
Cruise ship passengers enjoying a Busy Blue Bus tour
Here’s what makes Busy Blue Bus tours so popular with cruise ship passengers:
- Easy bookings on our website and get direct communication with the operator.
- Cruise guests are reassured that if their cruise ship does not come into the Port of Albany or their berthing time is adjusted such that they can’t get on tour, then a full refund is offered. (Check our terms & conditions for requirements)
- We will pick passengers up at the Port of Albany and return them to the port at the end of the tour (just need to note in ‘pick-up location’ that they are on ‘cruise ship’).
- We create small group experiences with the comfort of a quality, small touring van.
- Our guests are guided by a local with an authentic experience of the region.
- We are an experienced operator with international trade credentials and COVID-clean accreditation.
- Tour times adjusted to accommodate berthing and departure times.
Keep track of the cruise ships coming to Albany, Western Australia by following the Southern Ports website here.
We’d love to show you more if you are lucky enough to visit Albany on a cruise ship. Contact us so that we can create an unique experience while you are docked in our amazing town.